Spacial Blueprint






Let Me Out of the Kitchen, foam core, paper, glue, white spray paint, and black ink, 2.5' x 1' x 8"

This spacial blueprint was created to represent one of my work spaces as a chef. I am in this small kitchen for at least eight hour intervals and am constantly making, plating, and running food. by making the sculpture into a circle, I am able to represent the hectic environment without having to illustrate it in detail. I carved the sphere of foam into the shapes of the appliances that I have in my kitchen. These include a dish washing station, a hot and a cold table, a flat top grill, and a press grill. I also included a hand reaching out of the enclosed space to represent myself in the small area.Though I like my job very much, there have been times where I felt like I was trapped in a cycle of making food. By using paper to wrap the vine like forms around the arm and on the appliances, I can even further illustrate the feeling of restraint.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fluxus Box

Memento